Try wearing a kimono and experience Japanese culture!
Since our inbound business, Experience FUKUYAMA was started in 2016, we’ve
provided Japanese culture experience courses. However, it was decided to suspend
its operation end of March 2019. We heartily appreciate you all who had our
experience courses and supported us.
Thank you very much.
Experience the history of Japan and Fukuyama at one of the most unique places in the world, “Fukuju Kaikan.”
At Fukuju Kaikan, you can experience Japanese culture by wearing a kimono. Only here in Fukuyama, where roses are a symbol of the city, can you wear a kimono with the obi (sash) made into a rose shape! The kimono-only course is very enjoyable, but you may also take part in playing koto or Japanese tea ceremony while wearing the kimono as well. (Separate reservation and fee required.)
Duration: 1 hour
With English Guide
Kimono Rental Set Includes: Furisode, obi, nagajuban, haori, Japanese handbag, shoes (includes socks）
– You can choose from 3 different kinds of furisode (kimono with long sleeves). Please write down your selection when you sign up for this course.
– You may walk around the Fukuju Kaikan area while wearing the kimono during opening hours. This includes the Fukuyama Castle Museum (separate admission fee required) and the Fukuju Kaikan garden.
– Children’s kimono are available. Available for children 5 years and older/price is the same as adult rental.
– Men’s kimono/clothing are available.
– As kimono are tightly bound around the waist, for the safety of mother and child, pregnant women may not rent kimonos.
– The price includes the fee for being dressed in the kimono.
– You can choose to wear a yukata (a light summer kimono) during the summer.
– You do not have to bring anything to take part in this course.
About Experience FUKUYAMA
– 1. Booking available term:
･You can make a booking on the date and hour you hope to experience from before one week to 3 months.
– 2. Business hours:
･From 10:00 am to 12:00 am and from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
･Each period of time is limited to one group experience.
･You can book two experiences per each period of time.
– 3. Payment method:
･On the day of the experience by credit card or in cash (only JPY).
* We accept the followings credit cards: VISA, Master Card, JCB, American Express, Diners Club International and Discover Card.
– 4. How to make a booking :
･You fill out the following form and finish the application, but that does not affirm your booking.
･Also be aware that depending on the teachers availability we might not be able to arrange your experience plan, however we will notify you in advance.
– 5. Affirmation of your booking :
･After your application, we will send an e-mail back to you, which notice we could have done all of arrangement. its done of your booking.
– 6. Cancelation fee:
･The 3 days before your booking “experience FUKUYAMA”: 50% of each experience fee.
･On the day or the day before: 100% of each experience fee.
･No contact absence: 100% of each experience fee.
* Bank transfer fee is not included in this amount: Please pay at your expense.
-7. Inquiries and Information
* In the next step you will need to enter your credit card information and done. We will not use this information for any other purposes.