Try wearing a kimono and experience Japanese culture!
Experience the history of Japan and Fukuyama at one of the most unique places in the world, “Fukuju Kaikan.”
Fukuyama is the top producer of koto, a traditional Japanese instrument that is also known as the Japanese harp. In fact, a famous koto song called “Haru no Umi” (The Sea of Spring) that is played during New Years in Japan is said to have been written in Fukuyama. An instructor will explain the culture of the koto and give a course on how to play this instrument. At the end of this fun course, you’ll be able to play a simple song on the koto. We recommend wearing a kimono while doing this koto course! (Separate reservation and fee required.)
Duration: 1 hour
With English Guide
The Experience Includes: Explanation of the koto, live performance of the koto, koto lesson, joint performance with instructor
―When you come 9 or more people, please use 1 koto by 2 people.
―Japanese songs as well as pop songs like those from the Beatles are available.
– A chair will be provided—you don’t have to worry about sitting on your legs (seiza) during this course.
– No special knowledge of music is necessary for this course.
– Koto for children are available (6 years and older/price is the same as adults).
– You do not have to bring anything to take part in this course.
About Experience FUKUYAMA
– 1. Booking available term:
･You can make a booking on the date and hour you hope to experience from before one week to 3 months.
– 2. Business hours:
･From 10:00 am to 12:00 am and from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
･Each period of time is limited to one group experience.
･You can book two experiences per each period of time.
– 3. Payment method:
･On the day of the experience by credit card or in cash (only JPY).
* We accept the followings credit cards: VISA, Master Card, JCB, American Express, Diners Club International and Discover Card.
– 4. How to make a booking :
･You fill out the following form and finish the application, but that does not affirm your booking.
･Also be aware that depending on the teachers availability we might not be able to arrange your experience plan, however we will notify you in advance.
– 5. Affirmation of your booking :
･After your application, we will send an e-mail back to you, which notice we could have done all of arrangement. its done of your booking.
– 6. Cancelation fee:
･The 3 days before your booking “experience FUKUYAMA”: 50% of each experience fee.
･On the day or the day before: 100% of each experience fee.
･No contact absence: 100% of each experience fee.
* Bank transfer fee is not included in this amount: Please pay at your expense.
-7. Inquiries and Information
* In the next step you will need to enter your credit card information and done. We will not use this information for any other purposes.