Try wearing a kimono and experience Japanese culture!
Experience the history of Japan and Fukuyama at one of the most unique places in the world, “Fukuju Kaikan.”
At the elegant and historic Fukuju Kaikan, you can experience the etiquette and wonderful taste of the traditional Japanese tea ceremony (sadō) and matcha. An experienced instructor of tea ceremony will explain the ceremony and teach the etiquette behind this tradition. Afterward, you can enjoy the tea that you will make yourself as well as a traditional Japanese sweet (wagashi). We recommend wearing a kimono while doing this tea ceremony course! (Separate reservation and fee required.)
Duration: 1 hour
With English Guide
The Experience Includes: Explanation about tea ceremony, tea-making experience, traditional Japanese sweet
– Tea ceremony involves sitting on your legs (seiza), so note that your legs might fall asleep during this experience.
– Children may take part in this course (6 years and older/price is the same as adults).
– You do not have to bring anything to take part in this course.
About Experience FUKUYAMA
– 1. Booking available term:
･You can make a booking on the date and hour you hope to experience from before one week to 3 months.
– 2. Business hours:
･From 10:00 am to 12:00 am and from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
･Each period of time is limited to one group experience.
･You can book two experiences per each period of time.
– 3. Payment method:
･On the day of the experience by credit card or in cash (only JPY).
* We accept the followings credit cards: VISA, Master Card, JCB, American Express, Diners Club International and Discover Card.
– 4. How to make a booking :
･You fill out the following form and finish the application, but that does not affirm your booking.
･Also be aware that depending on the teachers availability we might not be able to arrange your experience plan, however we will notify you in advance.
– 5. Affirmation of your booking :
･After your application, we will send an e-mail back to you, which notice we could have done all of arrangement. its done of your booking.
– 6. Cancelation fee:
･The 3 days before your booking “experience FUKUYAMA”: 50% of each experience fee.
･On the day or the day before: 100% of each experience fee.
･No contact absence: 100% of each experience fee.
* Bank transfer fee is not included in this amount: Please pay at your expense.
-7. Inquiries and Information
* In the next step you will need to enter your credit card information and done. We will not use this information for any other purposes.