Try wearing a kimono and experience Japanese culture!
Experience the history of Japan and Fukuyama at one of the most unique places in the world, “Fukuju Kaikan.”
Uzumi is a local dish of Fukuyama, and the name means “buried.” This dish has its origins in the Edo period (1603–1868), when the government had policies against luxurious items, including certain foods. Instead, people hid (buried) the ingredients considered luxurious under the rice, and this dish became a local cuisine. The teacher of this course will teach you about Japanese cuisine (washoku) and uzumi. Let’s enjoy this dish together! By eating this dish while enjoying the view of Fukuyama Castle, you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped back into the Edo period!
Duration: 1 hour
With English Guide
The Experience Includes: Explanation of uzumi, one uzumi meal set
– You do not have to bring anything to take part in this course.
About Experience FUKUYAMA
– 1. Booking available term:
･You can make a booking on the date and hour you hope to experience from before one week to 3 months.
– 2. Business hours:
･From 10:00 am to 12:00 am and from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
･Each period of time is limited to one group experience.
･You can book two experiences per each period of time.
– 3. Payment method:
･On the day of the experience by credit card or in cash (only JPY).
* We accept the followings credit cards: VISA, Master Card, JCB, American Express, Diners Club International and Discover Card.
– 4. How to make a booking :
･You fill out the following form and finish the application, but that does not affirm your booking.
･Also be aware that depending on the teachers availability we might not be able to arrange your experience plan, however we will notify you in advance.
– 5. Affirmation of your booking :
･After your application, we will send an e-mail back to you, which notice we could have done all of arrangement. its done of your booking.
– 6. Cancelation fee:
･The 3 days before your booking “experience FUKUYAMA”: 50% of each experience fee.
･On the day or the day before: 100% of each experience fee.
･No contact absence: 100% of each experience fee.
* Bank transfer fee is not included in this amount: Please pay at your expense.
-7. Inquiries and Information
* In the next step you will need to enter your credit card information and done. We will not use this information for any other purposes.